Thursday, October 1, 2009

Least to Say its Been a While...

Im back to Germany and back to updating the blog! The backpacking/camping trip around Europe was incredible! Switzerland was by far my favorite! Hiking and taking the cog railway up Mt. Jungfrau (the highest elevation is Europe) was just amazing. The views at the top were breathtaking. Cant beat a 100 foot waterfall as the backdrop of the campground, and being surrounded by the Swiss Alps.

During September I took a much needed break (I know what you are thinking "A much needed break" the darn girl was just backpacking across Europe, but hey the backpack and tent were heavy. :) ) and spent some time with close friends and family. It was the perfect time of year to be home!!

But now I am finally riding in Germany. Who would have ever thought?! Riley (my gorgeous golden retriever) and I survived the close to 10 hours plane ride, plus 6 hour drive from Amsterdam to the stable in Winsen, Germany. Did I mention that I hauled 3 suitcases, a XL dog crate, and Riley around the Amsterdam airport trying to find a silly internet stick and rent a car!! Insanity. But it was all worth it. I have an adorable apartment to myself. Its only about a 1km from the stable, which makes for a nice bike ride to and from work. Living on my own is certainly going to take so getting use to. Its so quiet (except for the German TV shows). I guess I will have to take up needlepiont! Haha.

Yesterday was the my first day at the stable and I sat on 8 different horses. Most of them I warmed up and cooled down for Heike and Mayke (the assitant trainer). Seems I still have alot to learn about the basics. Basic driving aids and moving the horse away from my inside leg seemed to be on top of the list. Then I rode two horse on my own and had some help from Heike. The quality of horses is just insane. When I wrap my head around just how lofty all of their trots are and how much jump the canter has, I will let you know.

Today was much like yesterday but I am so sore tonight! My legs feel like jello!! Time to get back into shape.

Glad to be back, much more to come.

Meaghan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment