Sunday, October 25, 2009

Great Week

It has been a great week here in Winsen. Heike was here in the beginning of the week and I got some good help with my horses. I am still working on being able to bend each horse around my inside leg, rather than using my inside rein. Correct bending throughout the entire body really helps to engage each horse through transisitons between the gaits and within the gait. I also worked on some small half steps with one of the 6 years olds. He was super and responsed really well. The timing of my half-halts and the small, tiny taps with the whip was so important. Talk about being in tune with the hind legs.

This weekend, one of the guys from the barn Jens, and I went to Hannover to the German Classics Competition. Heike was riding Royal Rubin 5, or Rudi. It was such a big National Show. She placed 8th in the Grand Prix on Saturday night. We were also able to watch the jumping which was huge, there were over 50 riders. The jump off was insane. They were so fast. I also got to watch a FEI World Cup Qualifier for 4 in hand carriage driving. So cool!! There were hazards, cones, and a make shift bridge all inside an indoor arena (with stadium seating of course). The driving event didn't start until 11pm. Germans are so crazy, they love there late parties. We did some shopping and ate looks of great food too. After the events were over we attended the after party! It was quite the event, the entrance hall of the stadium is cleared out and filled with cocktail bars, a massive dance floor, and a Dj. Party time!

Lesson with Mr.Myners this week! Can't wait to see what exercises he comes up with!

Thanks for reading...

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment