Tuesday, June 16, 2009

France

Hi Everyone,

So I have been in France for the past 9 days! It has been incredible. The first day I spent driving over 1000km to Lyon and spent the night at the cutest little French Stable. Everything was so old, but so well kept and really interesting to explore. Then the next day I drove the rest of the way to Cannes. Cannes might just be the most beautiful place I have ever been. They show grounds were right on the beach. Literally I have an ocean view from the lorry. I went to the beach everyday! Such a tough job. The stabling was in the middle of a bunch of palm trees. We stayed in Cannes for 5 days and Catherine competed in the CDI*****. The atmosphere was pretty electric, she didn't ride til 11:30pm each night! It was wild, the crowd was huge. The warm-up arena had three huge palm trees inside it!

After Cannes I drove a little but north to Vidubon, where we are staying on a vineyard for the week until the competition this weekend. The vineyard is beautiful and extremely well kept. They have the best rose wine I have ever had! Too bad we drink it breakfast, lunch, and dinner! There is an adorable 8 stall stable on the property with a gorgeous outdoor arena! The mountains surround the property on three sides making the view from the arena just breath-taking. Did I mention that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are out neighbors!

We also took a day trip to St.Tropez. We walked around for a while and ate some delicious seafood! We then took a boat tour around the harbor! I don't know what to say it was just so cool. I grew up on the ocean, but it was nothing like this. There are ancient buildings and churches just inches from the water. There were countless yachts and the water was so clear and blue!!

I put over 100 pictures up on facebook, so I am putting the link to the album on here. Let me know if it doesn't work and I will put another album up somewhere.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2008838&id=135600354&ref=nf

We are getting ready for a big bbq tonight...more coming later!

-Meaghan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Junior,
    Your blog and photos are wonderful! You are having a fabulous
    experience!!! I am so happy for you. I had to login to facebook to see the photos and my nieces and nephews are amazed I did that. I now have
    a ton of new friends and not a clue about the whole thing. I'm just going to use it to view your photos.

    Anyway, enjoy, keep writing. It's wonderful that Catherine is doing so well. I'm vicariously enjoying the whole thing.
    Happy Fourth of July,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete