Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Down-Time

So I am still high off my trip to France. I can't believe I was actually there. It was such a fabulous experience. I got to sight see in Cannes, took a day trip to St.Tropez, and spend a week on a vineyard with incredible rosee wine. The name of the vineyard is Chateau des Launes. They have a great website, check it out. www.chateaudeslaunes.com.

The drive back from France was somewhat aweful!! I drove 5 hours to Lyon on Saturday through the strongest wind gusts I have ever felt! Then I drove 15 hours from Lyon to Vechta. The first 11 hours couldn't have been smoother then 100 kilometers to the stable took forever since the main autobahn was closed for repairs and there was a 17 kilometer stau, or traffic jam! It took me forever to get off the autobahn and weave my way through every small town and village to get back to the barn! But we made it thats all that matters!

We are having an intense week getting ready for Aachen! I cannot wait to see Aachen and be behind the scenes with the horses and riders. Hopefully I will be keeping a daily journal, posted each night, for DressageDaily about my experience. We leave on Monday!

Be in touch soon...

Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment