Thursday, March 5, 2009

Rough Day...

So today was a rough day! A blanket rack attacked me and I had to meet Kyra Kirkland's husband and trainer Richard, with a fat lip. We started really early this morning because Richard was coming for a clinic. He had flown in from England. But before he arrived I had groomed some of the horses and was gathering clean coolers for them. We have a large blanket rack that hangs blankets vertically. I grabbed the buckle of one of the coolers and the top of the rack flew out and hit me in the lip! Naturally it swelled. So I have a large fat lip, looking like I had just got in some kind of bar fight! Talk about first impressions! Other than that minor incident at 7am this morning, the day went very well. I groom and tack up both Maximus and Cadillac everyday along with a few of Catherine's other horses. They are both incredible horses.

I am starting to realize just how busy the stable really is. Since I have been here, there has been a mixture of clients, clinicians, and visitors from all over the world. Its fast paced but really fun and interesting.

Last night my roommates and I went to a nearby town called Lohne. It was a beautiful drive from our apartment. There were huge fields, not sure what they were farming, but they were perfectly manicured farmlands. The land here is really, really flat. All the houses look like cute little cottages, mostly made of brick. We walked around some of the designer shops, and window shopped. The outdoor shopping plaza was very clean and had little water fountains everywhere. There were no cars allowed on some of the smaller streets, so it made for a nice walk.

This coming weekend I am going to have my first trailering experience here in Germany. Cassie, one of the riders, is taking one of her horses in training to a show on Saturday. I will be grooming for her and learning how everything works at the shows. I will be driving the smaller lorry, which is one large van that can hold two horses. Everyone here swears it is super easy to drive, but we will see. I think I have to drive on the autobond! I'm sure that will make for a great story this weekend!

Thanks for reading...

Meaghan :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment